I stayed off the internet. Completely. (okay, I checked email once on Saturday, but other than that, completely off)
If you follow me on Twitter, you know how absolutely tied to the internet I am. It's a sickness. But I decided on Friday night that this weekend was going to be I-Free because I needed to branch out. I needed to step outside my box. I needed a change up.
It's amazing the things I got done.
- I saw both of my kids' soccer games
- Went to a birthday party
- Had afternoon drinks with my girlfriends
- I watched part of the Razorback football game (couldn't stomach the whole thing)
- I cleaned the kitchen
- Did all the boys' laundry
- Plotted out a new scene in current WIP
- Got new tires and front end alignment on the Prelude
- Went to the grocery store
- Made chili
- Made spice cake
- Caught up on my Tivo'd shows
Do you ever find yourself in a weekend rut? Is there any way you could take a weekend off from status quo?