Friday, October 03, 2008

Sleep. Where for art thou?

I am in barely-function-mode today. And it's only been today for about an hour, so the outlook is kinda bleak.

I'd like to talk to you of sleep today. I adore sleep. I covet sleep. Sleep is my BFF.
Or it was until it betrayed me.

I have a really nice bed conducive to really good sleep. We started the process with aesthetics--wrought iron, four post, scrolly head and footboards. Moving on to quality, we spent a good chunk-o-change on a hypoallergenic mattress (in order for me to sleep better) with no springs. For luxury, we topped that sucker with memory foam and frosted the concoction will really expensive, but worth every penny, Egyptian cotton sheets. The rest of my house may look blue collar, but my bed is totally four-star gourmet.

So, tell me. Where has sleep gone? Cuz I can't find it in my bed lately. And I'm tired I tell you. T.I.R.E.D.

Insomnia is the devil. What are your favorite tricks for getting to sleep when you...can't?

11 comments:

  1. Curiously, I find that coffee is not waking me up either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:55 PM

    I haven't been sleeping well either, lately. Boo! Hiss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:58 PM

    Not for nothing, but some nookie puts me to sleep sometimes. Other times it just winds me up....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:14 PM

    my tricks are - 2 beers & a shot of nyquil (I only use that when I'm sick uh, yeah..) or a glass of wine and a melatonin tablet. Knocks me right out and no mroning tylenol pm hangover!

    sorry you can't sleep. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so feel ya'. The man's had allergies BAAAAD for the last few weeks so sleep has been non-existent. I've been cheating and sleeping after I drop off the boy in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I can't sleep, I get up and watch late night tv. That usually does the trick. Hope you get your sleep back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahmed can almost always get me to sleep. He has ginourmous hands and throws a lot of body heat. If he rubs my back in big, slow circles I can fight it all I want, but eventually I will drift off.

    Nothing else works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it would be kind of a long commute for Ahmed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had chronic insomnia since I was twelve. The only thing that will make me sleep is Xanax, so I'm no help. But I do understand!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm finding that the older I get, the worse I sleep.

    and like you, I adore sleep. It's one of my favorite past times. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ((hugs)) I've been sleeping like poo too, lately...I'm sorry to hear it's so icky!!

    ReplyDelete