Friday, October 31, 2008

I Got a Rock

I am so lame. I can't think of any halloween experience from high school at all. Not one. I remember dressing up for Senior Ball (we had a masquerade--I went barefoot and pregnant btw) but that wasn't halloween.

My earlier memories were dressing up like a witch for--like 4 years in a row. And we lived in Wisconsin and mine was the mother who made me wear my winter coat over my costume. Grr argh. That drove me crazy! Of course, if I still lived in Wisconsin, I'd probably have done the same to my kids. But still. It was awful. I didn't care how cold it was, I wanted everyone to see my costume!

I know I'll also never forget the smell of those plastic costumes. You know the ones. With the mask that had teeny tiny holes for seeing and breathing (ha-ha)and the strap that dug into the back of your head. Yeah, the smell of that plastic is forever a stain on my senses.

But my fondest childhood halloween moment is this:

9 comments:

  1. and Happy Halloween too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA I adore "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" -- one of the all-time classic halloween shows... :D

    Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, the thing about the rock is...no calories and doesn't cause tooth decay. Plus, you can use it to bash out the car headlights of the person who gave it to you.

    Multi-purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang! I'm going to have to track down an online version of "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" for my husband to watch.

    Charlie and I had waaaaay too much in common, after all.

    Ciao! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently I dressed up my kid as a Charlie Brown ghost yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's my only memory too! I love that!

    When my daughter was about eight, she got a chicken bone.

    Whaaaa????

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Great Pumpkin one was never a favorite of mine, but that scene is perfect Charlie Brown. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Great Pumpkin was the only Peanuts I ever really enjoyed. I know, something's not right with me because I never got the Peanuts thing. sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:52 AM

    I have the DVD box set of Peanuts holiday episodes. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete