Friday, October 10, 2008

Love...life's sweetest reward.


As you read this, I am on vacation and have not had access to the internet for five days. (Unless I want to pay $1 a minute, which I don't). I am currently on a cruise in the Straits of Juan de Fuca, though I will be back sometime the day you read this.


So, here is a quiz to see how well you know me.


What happened on my vacation?


1. Did I get seasick enough to throw up? Y or N


2. How many pages did I write? (Bonus if you guess how many WIP's I spread those pages out over because I sorta get sidetracked easily)


3.Did I convince my husband to participate in one of those wacky "Newlywed" type games where we have to get on a stage? (He's very shy, but I'm very persuasive)


4. How many times did we get room service instead of going to the dining room?


5. How many books did I finish reading? (hint: I LOADED my ebook reader before we left)


6. Did I crack any stupid "Love Boat" jokes to the crew despite my better judgement?


7. How many outfits did I overpack by?



5 comments:

  1. TEE HEE--well, I don't know the answers, but I'm looking forward to hearing them!!

    HAVE FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're having an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. N


    2. 10 pages, 2 books.


    3.No because even tho you're persuasive, you wouldn't torture your one true love like that on holiday. (I swear, i didn't even laugh when I typed this)


    4. once


    5. 4

    6. Yes, because you just couldn't help yourself. My guess is you went for the "Issac the Bartender" joke.

    7. 6

    Hope you're having a blast. not jealous at all over here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:10 PM

    1. No
    2. None?
    3. No
    4. twice
    5. depends on the length of the ebooks...if novellas, maybe as many as 9. If novels, I'd say 3, and working on a 4th
    6. Of course...duh
    7. How many days were you gone? That many

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not get seasick at all. Yay!

    I wrote 25. Words, not pages. I finally took an hour to find a quiet spot on the ship and then they decided to have a hip hop dance lesson there.

    I didn't see any whacky games anywhere in the program. I never could have gotten him up there anyway.

    We did not order room service one time. I don't know why. We could have--but it just never worked out.

    I read one and a half books. Well okay, one full book and one half of three other books. I told you about my concentration issues, plus I sometimes am in the mood for YA, sometimes something else. So I am currently reading a historical (really good Victoria Alexander), a YA (really good Meg Cabot), and a mostly silly contemp from Harlequin.

    No Love Boat jokes. But I did dream about Isaac.

    I actually UNDERPACKED. By a whole day. I was trying to pare down my suitcase before we left and I succeeded. I pared down so much that I packed for four days instead of five. It's okay, though, because I am pretty creative when I want to be. I managed to dress up an outfit for dinner so that I didn't look to gauche.

    And I am a little miffed. I have been sitting on the couch for over an hour and nobody has offered me something to eat or a drink from the bar. This being a home business is going to take some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete