Friday, October 24, 2008

Surgeon General warns this boyfriend may be bad for your heart.

Let's talk...Bad Boys today.

We all knew who we SHOULD end up with--the nice guy. The guy that knows what color your eyes are, opens doors for you, says nice things to your mom and shakes your dad's hand. So why is it that so many of us are attracted to the Bad Boy?


He's the guy that wears too much leather, doesn't call you or only calls you late at night(when he wants something), and he won't even meet your parents. He may or may not be a vampire, but even without the fangs, he still ends up sucking the life out of you making you swear off men all together.

Until you get smart and date the nice guy.

So who is your favorite bad boy character in TV, movies, or book? And what was it about him that made him more enticing than the good-guy hero?

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:57 AM

    UGH! Out of the ones you posted pictures of Spike is definitely the only one in the running. I don't like bad boys, I like dirty ones like Bruce Willis in DieHard (until he grew up and decided to start dating 18 year olds)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...The Fonz is kind of the Milli Vanilli of bad boyz. But, who didn't know a guy like Zucho in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dexter. I'd never thought I'd be so in to a serial killer, but there you go. He's hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The guys I put in the post are not really my personal faves--I was going for the leather jackets I equate with "bad boys".

    My personal favorite bad boys--Rhett Butler, Johnny Castle, Gregory House, Johnny Bender,J.D from Heathers, Billy Hicks, Han Solo...I guess I should stop now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love JR Ward's heroes - all bad boys but very addictive to read about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. Does Vin Diesel count as a bad guy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFL--hilarious. I like bad boys in movies/shows... :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feisty stole mine, lol! Love me some Dexter *sigh* (what the hell does that say about me??)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well my personal history speaks for itself. BUT...

    I like my bad boys realistic and with a soft nougatty center.

    I always think of that scene in SE Hinton's THE OUTSIDERS where Pony is trying to be all tough and breaks a bottle to use as a weapon... and one of the other characters says "don't get hard, Pony" as he begins to pick up the glass.

    Which, he clarifies, is the right thing to do since a kid could get cut or something.

    I probably botched that, but I bet you all know the scene I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:24 PM

    I freaking love Danny Zuccho. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete