Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I'm sick...

...and my head is still totally floating from the cold meds I took last night. LOL. So if this post seems extra trippin', you'll know why.

Anyway, when I'm under the weather, there are a few things I like to do to help me feel better. First, I like to nestle in some cozy blankets and read a book.

Yesterday, I stayed home from work because of feeling so poopy, and I actually got some good reading time in. I read a new YA I just bought called REVEALERS by Amanda Marrone (her books are out with Simon Pulse--my future publisher).

In REVEALERS, there's a coven of teen witches whose night job is to "reveal" the hidden identity of paranormal predators and off them before they can hurt anyone else. As each teen witch turns 18 and joins the coven's "inner circle" (also populated by the teen witches' mothers), the girls are horrified to learn there's a LOT more to this job than meets the eye. Jules, the heroine, has to figure out the dark secret and how to fix it before it's too late.

It took me a couple of pages to figure out what was going on in the story, but once I got into it, I couldn't put it down. It's a quick, fun, engrossing read. And even better, there were a couple of points where I was genuinely surprised with the plot twists! I always love stuff like that.

Warning--it's definitely for older teens, due to language and thematic situations. (How do ya like that disclaimer? LOL)

Anyway, after I finished reading, I ate soup for dinner, graded some student papers (BEFORE I took meds, thank you very much, LOL), and I played my PSP. Man, I love that thing--thank you again, Manpanion, for the great b-day present!

So, what do you like to do when you're sick? Do you relish getting time to read a whole book in one sitting like I did? I never get to do that anymore, and it was SO nice.

Anything you do to help yourself feel better? I could sure use some advice. :D

9 comments:

  1. Cold meds rock. LOL

    When I'm sick I like to lay around and watch old movies and read. And eat soup.

    FEEL BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks tootsie!! Good call on the old movies thing, too--that is definitely a must-do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:31 PM

    I'm sick, too. It sucks. Feel better, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just grabbed REVEALERS for my flight to Vegas! Yes, I leave tomorrow AM. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to watch Buffy reruns when I don't feel well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ((hugs)) Amanda--same back at ya!

    Deena, hope you enjoy it!

    Gwen--ooooh good call. I love digging into a good TV series, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:12 PM

    I tend to watch a feel-good chick flick when I'm sick, like "Clueless" or "Legally Blonde" or "Grease."

    And sleep.

    And read.

    And drink hot tea.

    Guess what I'm doing tonight while Mr. Brice is at a reception at the Greek Embassy????

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally buying that book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. are you feeling better yet?

    I like to eat soup and stay in bed. Yep, that's about all i want to do when I'm sick.

    ReplyDelete