Tuesday, June 09, 2009

What did you call me? AKA Nicknames, take two.


Early on in my school career, I thought having a nickname would be cool. Don't we all think that at some point? Unfortunately, I ended up with an abbreviation of my last name: Bruno.

Yeah, I was in elementary school, already insecure about my height because I was the tallest one (boys included) in my class, self-conscious about my glasses and then I got saddled with that gem. Brilliant.

Fortunately, it didn't last.

Then one of my brother's girlfriends started calling me Krissy. Let me just say that no one, and I mean NO ONE calls me that. I won't answer to it. Refuse, actually. Probably because my brother used to torture me by repeating it over and over in a sing-song voice. But for her, it was somehow okay. Thankfully, he didn't date her that long.

Lately, Mel's dubbed me Kitteh, which probably suits me as I am slightly psycho in my love for all things feline. (No, I am not wearing a t-shirt with cats on it. I just love my furbabies in a way that comes close to unnatural.) Plus it starts with K. And I have to say, it's miles above Bruno.

Have you ever had a nickname you didn't want?

9 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha i really like Kitteh for you...that's too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! My hubby recently started calling me "Jenny" knowing that I hate it. Well, all our neighbors think that's what I go by. And now it's spun into "Jenny Jenny" because of that 80's song (867-5309...)
    which is doubly worse. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruno? LOL, too funny. Someday we'll have to swap stories about how we came by that nickname.

    None of my nicknames ever stuck. One I forgot to mention yesterday was a name I acquired based on my old AOL chat userID. I went by Sarcasm, and it turned into Sarc. :shrug: At the time it worked for me, but I'm not that sarcastic person anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, Kitteh. I have to tell you, I kinda dig Bruno.

    Of course, I'm a big fan of boys' names for girls.

    Love,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I'm glad Bruno didn't last.
    I've had some offensive ones. A couple of guys called me chief in high school. Maybe I looked grumpy? HOpe it wasn't 'cause I looked like a man. LOL
    Then my uncle always used to call me bones. YOu can guess why on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gotta say... I am LOVIN Kitteh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Kitteh! (BTW, I'm at the moment kissing my cat all over his face. Ah, the things we do for love.)

    Luckily, I never had any nicknames I hated...though I was called weirdo and freak and the like often enough in junior high!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am calling you Bruno from now on I think.

    ReplyDelete