Monday, June 01, 2009

BITE ME! Playlist

In case you missed it, I launched my new book website last week. Please check it out when you get a chance. http://www.haveyoubeenbitten.com

I had fun putting together the content for the site, especially the Timesuckers page where I've posted the playlist for BITE ME! (coming soon: LOVE SUCKS! playlist as well as a book related quiz!)

Music is such an influence in my life. It can set the tone for the day, the mood for a date, and for me, it totally provides the atmosphere for a scene. You'll notice there is a huge variety on my playlist, from country to rock, to pop and each song fits the mood of at least one scene in the book.

When I read books, I often hear a song in my head for specific scenes. I see the story as a movie, and music really adds punch to the emotion a scene is evoking.

Do you do the same thing with music or is it a distraction for you when you read or write? When you read BITE ME! (and, ahem, you will read it, right?) will you download the playlist and listen as you read? Or do you like to pick your own songs?

5 comments:

  1. OMG I love this idea! I totally listen to music as I write...what a fantastic idea to post your playlist so others can experience the same kind of atmosphere!

    I love your site. And I'll totally check your playlist out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't read to music and I can only sometimes write to music. But putting together a playlist really helps me get into the world I'm building. And I listen to it while getting ready to write for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda Brice10:46 AM

    I can only read or write to instrumental music. Anything with lyrics distracts me way too much and I end up listening/singing along instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Gwen -- I can't read with music, and I can only sometimes write with music. Lyrics always distract me when writing (I'm with Amanda there!), and when I edit, I can't listen to anything...especially whining cats! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love this trend.

    ReplyDelete