Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Weekend in Oregon


Greetings from Oregon! I'm on vacation, visiting for my brother's wedding.

We left yesterday morning to fly here. Yesterday afternoon, Mr. Brice and I rented a car and drove to Crater Lake National Park.



Crater Lake is located in Southern Oregon, 100 miles east of the Pacific Ocean. The lake is inside a caldera, or volcanic crater, created when the 12,000 foot high Mount Mazama collapsed 7,700 years ago. Crater Lake is the 7th deepest lake in the world, and the deepest in the US.

This morning, we drove back to Medford, home of the Harry & David Fruit Company. (Mmmm...fruit...) My soon-to-be sister-in-law grew up here. It's a really beautiful area.

Tonight, my mom, aunt, and I are going to see "Henry VIII" at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland.



I hope it doesn't rain, because our seats are outside at the Elizabethan Stage. The OSF is set up so that on any given night, there are two or three plays being performed at the same time. The Elizabethan Stage is the only one outdoors, and it's designed to actually look like Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in London.



I'm hoping to take a Harry & David tour tomorrow.



We have the rehearsal dinner at night, but I've got no plans during the day, so I think seeing what 50 pounds of Moose Munch® looks like and taste-testing chocolate is an excellent idea.

And then Saturday is the wedding.

5 comments:

  1. OMG all that chocolate...droooool.

    Have fun at the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful trip! Wish you were a weee bit closer to Washington so I could harass you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, please share what you think of Henry 8 after you see it! (I saw a production once in London, and I'll be interested to hear about your experience!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer Russell1:41 PM

    Oregon is beautiful. Know you will have a blast! Cannot wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crater Lake is really beautiful. I haven't been there in ages. Have fun! Sounds like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete