Monday, January 11, 2010

STOP IT!

I love Facebook and Twitter. MySpace feels a little skeevy to me now, but at one time, I loved it, too.

What I don't love? The drama that surfaces. Lots of times it's celebrity drama, which we seem to be willing to forgive because they're, you know, CELEBRITIES. But lately I've noticed more everyday people drama popping up and it makes my head spin.

As Bob Newhart said in one of my favorite Mad TV skits:

STOP IT!



When your marriage is coming to an end, don't post about whose fault it is, what went wrong, if he's a cheating bastard or if you're much happier with your new lesbian lover.

STOP IT!

When you get into a fight with your BFF, I know it's tempting to be passive aggressive and post something that will dig at your friend and get her riled up. As you're posting that witty little status update, just remember I may read it and I'll be yelling at my computer:

STOP IT!

I know sometimes you're tempted to post about how deliriously happy you are with your love life, and that your partner is the best thing next to Mark Wahlberg's Taylor Lautner's abs, but remember, while your tweeting your bliss and adding "if you know what I mean...", I'm yelling:

YES WE KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! NOW STOP IT!

Seriously, folks. It's one thing when kids do this...but adults? We should know better. So from this point forward, when you're thinking about posting something that will hurt someone else, or make me feel slightly uncomfortable please remember:

STOP IT!

3 comments: