Friday, January 01, 2010

New Year, Fresh Starts, 100 Book Challenge

Happy New Year everyone! We hope you have a prosperous, peaceful, exciting, fun, stupendous, rockin', drama-free year.

I don't make resolutions, and I'm horrible with goals...but challenges? Challenges I love. I found an excellent reader blog recently--J. Kaye's Book Blog. It's full of great challenges, read-a-longs, reviews--it's a wonderful place for people who love books--all books.

I entered the challenge to read 100+ books in 2010. Here are the rules:





1. The goal is to read 100 or more books. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.



2. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Manga, Graphic Novels, Library books, Novellas, Young Reader, Nonfiction – as long as the book has an ISBN or equivalent or can be purchased as such, the book counts.

What doesn't count: Individual short stories or individual books in the Bible.

3. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

4. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.

5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010. Books started before the 1st do not count.


If you would like to sign up on J. Kaye's official challenge list, the original post is here. I will be keeping track of my books read in 2010 on my personal blog with my Shelfari widget in the sidebar.

Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. Amanda Brice9:48 AM

    I normally get 100 or more, but got stalled out at about 60-something this past year.

    I'll try again this year!

    Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just counted 84 f0r 2009.

    Read aloud to Amber! I bet she'll love Gemma Halliday and Meg Cabot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of a week in which I read only 2 books... which makes 104. I may keep track just to make things interesting!!

    Cool beans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good goal for the year!! I haven't tracked my reading before...should try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda Brice8:56 PM

    LOL, I actually did start reading Courtney Milan's novella in "The Heart of Christmas" anthology the other night until I realized that perhaps it wasn't appropriate. LOL

    So I stopped and read "Goodnight Moon" and "Shampoodle" to her instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda Brice8:57 PM

    I meant to say I was reading Courtney's novella aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss reading. I think I only read about 10 books last year. I have to do better.

    ReplyDelete