Happy New Year everyone! We hope you have a prosperous, peaceful, exciting, fun, stupendous, rockin', drama-free year.
I don't make resolutions, and I'm horrible with goals...but challenges? Challenges I love. I found an excellent reader blog recently--J. Kaye's Book Blog. It's full of great challenges, read-a-longs, reviews--it's a wonderful place for people who love books--all books.
I entered the challenge to read 100+ books in 2010. Here are the rules:
1. The goal is to read 100 or more books. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
2. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Manga, Graphic Novels, Library books, Novellas, Young Reader, Nonfiction – as long as the book has an ISBN or equivalent or can be purchased as such, the book counts.
What doesn't count: Individual short stories or individual books in the Bible.
3. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
4. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010. Books started before the 1st do not count.
If you would like to sign up on J. Kaye's official challenge list, the original post is here. I will be keeping track of my books read in 2010 on my personal blog with my Shelfari widget in the sidebar.