Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Quit Poken Me. Or Don't, Actually...

Sometimes, it can be a little difficult to remember someone's email, blog address, FB page, Twitter ID, etc, etc. You've got to write it down, then hopefully remember where you stashed that piece of paper. Same thing goes for exchanging business cards. Ever accidentally run an important card through the wash because you left it in a pocket?

Not any more. Now there's Poken. What's a Poken? According to the website, it's this:

Poken solves one simple problem: how do I remember the email addresses and screen names of everyone I meet? You Poken, of course. When you meet other Poken owners in the real world, quickly swap information. No more writing down email addresses or long blog names. Just touch Pokens and connect.

Poken holds your contact information: name, address, email, mobile phone, and the rest, and it also holds your social networking account names. Poken contains your FaceBook, Twitter, MySpace, LinkedIn and other accounts.

Already know all your friends' profiles? Even better. When you Poken and they Poken, you'll automatically have updates when they open a new social networking account.

So what do you think? Would you Poken? Or do you think it's just a fad? Personally, I'd love to try one out.

10 comments:

  1. That could be cool. Yup, definite possibilities with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO cool. But I could see me losing it or having it stolen. ROFL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that really what it looks like? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. that's kinda weird. I like the concept but I'm not so sure I want to be carrying around a Pokemon...cuz that's exactly what it looks like to me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:22 AM

    Like the concept. Hate the Pokemon. Looks very childish. Doesn't iPhone do this when you tap two together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm... not sure how I feel about this. Most people have their contact info easily accessable, so I've never run into this problem.

    I would like an Iphone though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds kind of cool. Not sure if I'd use it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure I get it...but cool, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amanda Brice3:36 PM

    I'm still kinda confused as to what it actually does, but hey, I'm willing to be convinced.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WANT!! Think about going to a conference and being able to tap a little usb dealio and walk away with everything you need. Done.

    I am anti-I-nation, so I'll never own an Iphone. Don't like em. I find most of the apps silly. But this just makes SENSE to me. Like having my usb that stores all my written work. I love that.

    ReplyDelete