Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm a book addict

Yes, I admit it. I'm a book addict. A fiend. It's my crack, only legal and slightly less expensive.
See, I go to a bookstore and buy a bunch of books I'm dying to read. I read a good chunk of them. And then I'm ready for the next hit. And then the next...and then the next...see how easy it is to fall in with the wrong crowd?

Booksellers are more like pushers, actually--they often tempt me with coupons: "Psssst--Rhonda, come here. Take this coupon and get 20% off your purchase." Like I can say no to that!

Anyway, here are some Simon Pulse books coming out this year I'm absolutely frothy-dog excited to see released:

The Geek Girl's Guide to Cheerleading (May 19, 2009)


Swoon (May 19, 2009)


Giving Up the V (June 9, 2009)


Crash Into Me (July 7, 2009)


The Hollow (Fall 2009)


Stupid Cupid (Dec 22, 2009 -- Oh come on, I had to put this on here, LOL)


So, who else out there is a book addict? What novels are you looking forward to releasing this year? I'm always eager to add to my to-buy list. LOL

10 comments:

  1. You are too funny I was like she better put her own book!

    One that I'm eager about that's coming out very soon is Melissa Walker's Lovestruck Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh good call, Alea! (and thanks for feeding into my ego, LOL)

    Summer, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Stupid Cupid and The Hollow!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't bought books in awhile, I confess. There are a lot I want tho!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a total book addict, though I'm so behind in my reading that I may buy a book and not read it for years! :-)

    At the moment, in YA I'm most looking forward to Meg Cabot's sequel to Airhead! And in non-YA, I'm looking forward to the next Vorkosigan book from Lois McMaster Bujold, whenever it comes out. (And I'm always salivating for the next Diana Wynne Jones...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute covers on those! Especially the last one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:51 AM

    FROM CAREYCORP: CRAZY BEAUTIFUL-Lauren Baratz-Logsted (Sept. 09) I already preordered it. http://tinyurl.com/cyycxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting, everyone!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made myself promise to stop buying books until I read all the ones I already have. Of course, I let myself buy $100 worth more before the promise started. But seriously, why must I have so many books but feel the need to buy more? It's gluttony!

    ReplyDelete