Thursday, August 28, 2008

Road Trip!

As you're reading this, I'm probably on the road, driving to Hilton Head Island, SC. Unless it's after about 1 pm, in which case, I am now sunbathing on the beach. Unless it's raining. (Please don't be raining!)

Mr. Brice and I left DC at 3 am. Yes, I know that's insanely early. I'd originally wanted to leave after work on Wed evening and drive halfway, go eat yummy barbeque somewhere in Eastern North Carolina (mmm...), spend the night in a hotel, and then continue in the morning. But Mr. Brice rightly pointed out that we'd just be stuck in traffic for a long time.

So 3 am Thursday morning it is. Why didn't we leave later? Well, because I am determined to lay out this afternoon. And the traffic is really light when there are no cars on the road.

Anyway, depending on when you read this, I'll either be on the road, stopping for breakfast (likely around 7 am at one of the 25792735923 Cracker Barrels along I-95), or on the beach. Or if you don't get to it until Thurs night, there's a good chance I'm eating seafood, playing board games with my parents, or having drinks down at Harbor Town.

And hopefully I got my revisions back to my agent before I left. LOL!

So, anyone have any fun plans for Labor Day weekend?

3 comments:

  1. I'm not jealous.
    Much.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely!

    Some day I'm going to finally eat in one of these Cracker Barrel places. (I'm from California, and I've never seen one!)

    For Labor Day, I'll hopefully see the movie Hamlet 2, and practice some tricky English country dances for an upcoming ball...

    And probably whine at my kittens, e.g. "Why are you eating my hair? Why are you biting my toe? Hey, don't break your sister, I like her!"

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a blast!! I'm going to rest, relax, and do some more of my revisions this weekend. Also teaching my class on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete