Monday, March 22, 2010

monday already?

Sorry about last week. I was almost on my death bed. Okay, not really, but I felt like crap...so much so that I couldn't muster up the energy to find my laptop, open it, and try to type. So lots of big thanks to Gwenny for posting for me!

My 41st birthday was last Sunday (March 14). I remember a time when I thought 30 was old, so imagine my surprise to discover that being 41 isn't old at all! (my rotten kids totally disagree. Their problem, not mine)

Age really is a state of mind. I never believed that until my 40th birthday. I felt better (and looked better) than I had in years. I was happy, healthy, and feeling great. No way was 40 old...and no way would I dread this decade. So I've embraced it. I have fun telling people my age and watching their eyes go wide. I'm doing my best to live this decade (and every decade henceforth) to the fullest.

I wish I had done that a little earlier... so why don't you get started now. It's never too late (or too early) to embrace life.

4 comments:

  1. congratulations, and go you!!!! No one is old unless they convince themselves they are. Just ask my just-turned-100-years-old great, great, great aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be 45 the end of May. The funny thing is age has never troubled me.

    These days every year I get is a victory.

    You look 30, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ROCK, hottie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I was able to help. I wanted to show everyone that video anyway, lol.

    ReplyDelete