Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Gimme those cheesy love songs!

I'm listening to cheesy love songs right now. I mean, supa-extra cheesy with a dash of cheese thrown in for good measure. Yanno, those songs you listen to at your office and start tearing up over because deep down you want a guy to hold a radio over his head and play a song like that for you...uhhh, anyway, I thought I'd list my top cheese-tacular songs.

1--All Out of Love by Air Supply. Really, any Air Supply songs could be on this list. I have a not-so-secret passion for this band. I am fully aware this opens me to ridicule. So be it. I'll stand by my men. Don't judge me!

2--I Go Crazy by Paul Davis. Oh man, this one always gets me...I mean, how awesome is it for a guy to say he goes crazy when he looks in your eyes? I mean romantic crazy, not I-want-to-murder-you-when-our-eyes-connect crazy.

3--I Wanna Know What Love Is by Foreigner. This one has to be on my list. I love the chorus part at the end of the song...it always makes me want to stand up and throw my hands in the air. Except last time I did that, my boss caught me.

4--Ah, Leah by Donnie Iris. I love this song. He's all, "you're sooooo bad for me, but I want you anyway." Yeah, baby! I love that whole element of him not being able to resist her...I'm sure other women out there would also like feeling they were irresistable to a person!

5--Please Forgive Me by Bryan Adams. Okay, I've listened to this song about a hundred billion times. I can't help it. Because the one thing he's sure of is the way we made love...the one thing he depends on is for us to stay strong. Dude, he's totally singing to me. I can't turn him away when he's most vulnerable.

6--Next Time I Fall in Love by Peter Cetera and Amy Grant. I don't know why, but this song always gets me. Plus, I have a super-soft spot toward duos. Plus plus, he flat-out says the next time he falls in love, it's gonna be with me. So I should be ready for it, yanno.

7--Lady in Red by Chris de Burgh. Srsly, I'd stab someone in the face to have a song like this written about me. He just thinks she's beautiful and he's thrilled to be with her and just dancing. How sweet is that? I always get goosebumps, because I'm uber-sappy. That's how I roll.

8--Faithfully by Journey. Every time I hear this one start up, I totally crank it and let my awkward inner teen get swept away by the lyrics. Awwwwwwwww he totally misses his woman!

9--How Deep is Your Love by the Bee Gees. I have an extra-special tender spot for the Bee Gees. And this song always gets me, every time. *sniffle* I just love how they say, "we belong to you and me."

10--Endless Love by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross. Come on...this was a gimme. Totally the ultimate cheese. "Two hearts...two hearts that beat as one..." and yet, I gobble it up every time and ask for more.

Okay, seriously, I could go on all day, but now I wanna hear from you. What songs are your fav cheesy love songs? Dish it!

4 comments:

  1. I think I could go on all day, too, but how about:

    Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler
    Open Arms by Journey
    Said I Loved You But I Lied by Michael Bolton

    Cheese... mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jennifer...that's my kind of cheese! Good choices. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Deep is your Love is the song from San Francisco Thai restaurant...isn't it? *sigh*

    "Crazy for You" by Madonna old school and "Collide" by Howie Day for the current century. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler

    Sometimes When We Touch (wth is his name??)

    My worst music thing, though? I listen to The Chipmunks and What's Opera Doc? on my mp3 in the car. People at drive-thru windows think I'm nuts when I sing along with Bugs and Elmer doing Wagner.

    Weeeeetooooooin myyyyyy wuuuuuv... a wonging boins deeeeeep insiiiiide meeeeee!

    ReplyDelete