Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Down time

Down time is something that seems to be in short supply in most people's lives. I'm not just talking about a day off, but rather a day off where you don't have to do homework, clean out the garage, run errands that take all day, give the dog a bath or reorganize your closet.

I'm talking about a day off where you don't have to do anything but whatever you really, really want to do. Kind of like a day when you stay home from school sick, but about an hour after the first bell would have rung, you feel completely well again.

What would you spend your time doing on a day like that? And what if, like today's weather where I live, it was icky and rainy outside? For me, it's a combination of things - old movies, good books and Wii.

What about you? What would you do with some real down time?

8 comments:

  1. Usually a day like that for me is watching movies. Probably BBC Pride and Prejudice for the 100th time. Colin Firth...Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. napping and reading! Ahhhh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knitting and reading, which is what I do just about every other Monday when I have the day off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never do more than a day or two unless I get out of my normal stomping grounds. I take a half day, but not often. Saddle up MO and take a long, lazy ride through the woods just to pay attention to what is blooming, nesting, or left us. But I will usually need to DO something soon after.

    If I really, really take a day off it's almost always me, Ahmed, the dogs, and a ride to the lakehouse in Maine. When we get back everyone wants to know what we did. The answer is always the same:

    Nothing.

    Lay in bed, let the crisp air clean out the cobwebs, watch swans on the lake, deer at the stream, and eat at The Governor. Mostly just lay around reading with our arms around one another and the dogs snoring away at our feet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you said--reading, playing games, and watching some fav movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read, read, and read. And I play on the internet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading in the sunshine or knitting to chick flicks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh. Great question. I would watch MI-5 and crochet on my turtle blanket. Then read in the afternoon, maybe go on a walk. Take a nap. Cook a really fun meal. Wow. I need to do this sometime.

    ReplyDelete