Saturday, October 24, 2009

Head Start on Holiday Shopping

Have you started your Christmas/Hannukah/Yule shopping yet? I'm starting to poke around the weekend flyers. I love holiday shopping, even in lean years. When my youngest brother and I were the last two at home we used to have a contest to see who could find the cheapest gift for one relative we didn't like that much. It had to LOOK as if it cost as normal amount, but whomever managed to find the cheapest bit of nonsense that would not be blatantly insulting won the round for that year. I believe the all-time winner was a fake ivory elephant figurine with gold tusks for a dollar.

Good times... good times...

I haven't made my own wish list yet. Normally there's a predictible request for books and book store gift cards, but this year (since September, anyhow), I have finally amassed an actual TBR pile. This is a new phenomenon for me-- books were never "to be read" until now. I plowed through four or five novels a week until this little sluggish patch. So I may not be doing many books this year. I know one I have read and loved, sure to top my giving list... and another I will be curled up with on December 22nd with a cup of hot chocolate.



Just in case you are looking for ideas...



5 comments:

  1. My own list will probably include a Nook from Barnes and Noble. I am in lust.


    Some of the people on my shopping list read this blog, so I'm keeping mum about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have three birthdays between now and the big holiday... one will be a laptop to replace a smashed laptop.

    Everything else is up for grabs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I like your gift ideas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I start shopping for the nieces and nephews the week after Christmas. Don't hate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:33 AM

    Christmas shopping does not begin until December 13 at the earliest. Except this year. This year I might actually start early. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete