Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Madness!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!!!!!!!

So far I called two games correctly. I picked Texas A&M over BYU and Memphis over whatever hapless #15 seed they paired Memphis with (looks like Cal State Northridge). But I incorrectly called Butler over LSU (LSU won...oops).

But how well will I do picking the entire NCAA conference? Ever since my stellar pool wins (once in high school, and once the second year out of college), I've generally been an Also-Ran, sometimes coming in 2nd or 3rd of my pool, but more usually than not, being somewhat average, with the occasional stinker.

I have a similar Final Four to President Obama, however, although not exactly the same. He picked Pitt over Duke, and then UNC over Pitt. But we have three of the same Final Four teams, and we both put Lousville in the championship game. No way could I pick UNC to win it all though. While that's not a bad call, it would be an anathema to everything that I stand for.

I'm not going to sell my soul to win an office pool.

Coach K jokingly said that perhaps the President ought to focus on the economy rather than the brackets. LOL! Not surprising that he might not agree with Obama's pick to win it all.

Oh, and go Devils!

So, did you fill out a bracket? Do you care about the NCAA Tourney?

7 comments:

  1. HAH--I am basketball-impaired. Sorry, this kinda goes over my head, but I'm duly impressed with you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't follow sports much. So, no. No March Madness for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NCAA? That's, um, sports, right? Is it a sport that starts with an "A"? Like, National College Archery Association?

    No, wait, it's the Novel Critics' Alphabet Apostrophe, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could get into it. Especially when everyone around me is so excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't do brackets, and mainly follow as far as our team goes. Which is looking to be over in about 3.5 minutes. We've also been following state HS tourneys, with one of our local teams making it to tomorrow night's finals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that'll teach me to be so pessimistic! Still in shock that the Badgers managed an OT win, while OSU lost in 2OT. Boy, did we just skew peoples' brackets! *g*

    ReplyDelete