Monday, March 02, 2009

friends

I hung out with some friends from high school over the weekend and had the best time ever. It's really hard to believe that I've known some of these guys since I was 5 years old! And that we're still friends.

I've said it before, but I was one of the few folks who actually enjoyed high school. Sure, I had moments of drama like everyone else, but overall, my HS experience was fantastic. I made a lot of friends, knew a lot of good people and count myself very lucky that many of them are still in my life.

I wanted to scan some old pics and post for you here so you could see then and now, but I didn't preplan enough in advance. So I'll just post a group pic of now.
Take a good look at the people around you in high school now...you may find yourself playing with them 22 years later. What a great feeling that is.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time.
    I have found that everyone is a lot nicer than they were in high school.
    Except me.
    I'm actually not as nice and have far less patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. High school was a wash for me--first two years sucked, second two, after I found my feet and got involved in the super confidence-building theater program, were awesome. I don't keep up with that many high school friends, though, which is too bad. Facebook helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I too am still friends with the same group of people I was in middle and high school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY--that's a blast...I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was not a high school person, and I left school off-schedule.

    The weird thing is I am still very close to the small, tight-knit group of friends I had then.

    Most times when I am out of the house without Ahmed I'm with Petie, whom I have known since pre-school, or Roxy, whom I have known since Jr. high. And we all still live close.

    Townies... we're either incredibly loyal or too lazy to find new people to annoy.

    ReplyDelete