O COME ALL YE FANGFUL Short Story Contest
Looking for something to do after Nanowrimo’s done? Want to quit Nano and focus on something with real prizes? Well…here it is!!
It’s become very important to me to give back to the fiction-writing community and encourage other writers. Therefore I think it would be BIG FUN to have a short story contest!
I know that a lot of people who read this blog, follow me on Twitter, or are my Facebook friends (as well as other social networks) are aspiring writers. Well, get yer hands on yer keyboards for my….
1st Annual O COME ALL YE FANGFUL* Short Story Contest
- First Prize: $50** Amazon, Borders, or Barnes & Noble gift card
- Second Prize: $30 Amazon, Borders, or Barnes & Noble gift card
- Third Prize: $20 Amazon, Borders, or Barnes & Noble gift card
THE RULES & REGS
- This contest is open to all writers, published or unpublished, anywhere in the world
- Stories must be 1000 words or less in length
- Only one story per entrant
- Entry must be in English (the only language I’m fluent in, alas)
- No fanfic, original stories only please
- Stories must have a holiday theme — Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza, etc. — make it festive! (even if it’s just a smidge)
- Stories must have a paranormal or fantasy element (ie: vampires or werewolves opening up their gifts on Christmas morning. Ugh, don’t use that, but you get the idea)
- All authors retain all rights to their work, but agree to allow me to post the top three stories on my blog for public viewing
- Entering this contest does not include a critique of your writing, advice on how to get published, or a recommendation to my agent/publisher. (you’d be surprised by what I’m asked for sometimes)
- December 15, 2009 at Midnight EST, no exceptions
- Copy and paste your story into the body of your email (no attachments please) or send me a link to where I can read it on your blog or website
- Send the story or link to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “O COME ALL YE FANGFUL“
- Entrants will be contacted by email to confirm receipt. If you don’t hear back from me within 48 hours of sending, I didn’t get it. Please send again!
- Entries will be judged by yours truly, Michelle Rowen
- Winners contacted by email on Sunday, December 20th to claim their prize
- The top three stories will be posted here on my blog on December 22nd-24th (one per day starting with the third place winner) for all to enjoy
*thanks to Richelle Mead for suggesting the contest title
**Gift cards will be delivered by email and purchased in US dollars