Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Neurotic much?

I think a lot of people have obsessive compulsive disorder to some degree. We all have certain things we do compulsively that the average person may think is a bit...off. haha. Here are some things I'm totally OCD about:

--I clean my ears several times a day. Yes, I know this is bad for you, but I swear, my ears actually start itching if I don't use a Q-tip. I get twitchy when we run out of Q-tips and have to go to the store to restock.

--I check my alarm clock well over a dozen times before going to bed every night. After all, what if this was the ONE night I only checked it 5-6 times, and I set it wrong?

--After I lock the car door or the house door, I check the doorknob/door handle a couple of times to make sure it's actually locked. I'll literally check, then pull my hand away, then check again to make sure I wasn't wrong the first time.

--When venturing out in the evening (and sometimes, even in the AM), I've actually gone back in the house to make sure the stove is shut off. Doesn't matter if I didn't cook anything, because what if the house burned down due to my forgetfulness?

So, what about you? Anything you're crazy-OCD about? Share with the class...

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:01 AM

    LOL...

    Well if I'm going to out myself... I have a thing with hangers. My SO never pulls the hangers from the closet when he takes his clothes from them (this pisses me off to no end), and on the rare occasion he does remove them, the just puts them willy nilly on the bar above the washer and dryer. I have to fix them, meaning I put them in order from wire (I hate them but he brought them with him when he moved in and I haven't thought to replace them) to plastic, then the plastic care in order of color and then the ones with a twisty metal hook on top. See I'm weird. Not sure any of that made sense but it did to me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My issues revolve around my closet as well. Everything is hung by color and item (skirts are all together, then divided by color: white, ivory, pink, coral, red...you get the idea)

    Also, the hangers have to be going the same way. And I do NOT abide wire hangers. They go in the trash after the dry cleaning comes home.

    Oh, and I must have the toilet paper OVER. Not under. Sorry Mel, but that's the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:23 AM

    LOL Kristen... If he wants to use the nasty wire hangers he can, but I refuse to put them on my clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TEE HEE--yeah, I don't like wire hangers, either.

    And I totally am an "over" TP girl, too...ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:48 AM

    Ummm yeah. Wire coat hangers. I went all Mommy Dearest when we first moved into our house and the previous owner left ALL her wire hangers.

    Toilet paper over, compulsively have to change it everywhere I go.

    Hitting refresh on Divas! Its a disease I tell ya! I have no control over it. (I won't disclose how many times a day I get a Board Error message)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:00 AM

    Definitely hitting refresh on Divas. I'm with you on that one, Elaina.

    And like Rhonda, I also obsessively check the doorknob.

    ReplyDelete
  7. um. I just make sure the TP is facing the proper direction (under). I don't do anything CRAZY or NEUROTIC...ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I forgot about refreshing Romance Divas. That's also another OCD sickness for moi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I check the back door is locked all the time, and have to constantly check my e mail even when I'm not waiting on anything special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm actually very low maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm totally laid-back about my clothes -- if I were being brutally honest, I would admit to you all that when I go to bed at night I just throw them on the floor -- but I can be weird about other things.

    In a restaurant, I have to be facing windows, not a wall.

    The books of my favorite authors are all arranged chronologically (for each author) in order of publication.

    I have to have dental floss in every room of the house because, you know, I might have an emergency and need dental floss RIGHT THAT MOMENT.

    And I always bring a book to the movies, because the movie might, like, break in the middle and then I'd be sitting there with nothing to read and we CAN'T have that.

    (Though I'm nothing on my dh. He brings five books to every movie or restaurant.)

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG that's too funny about having floss in every room!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG that's too funny about having floss in every room!!

    Of course, it could just be a sign of my immense laziness. :-)

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd tell you but there's not enough room on the interwebs...

    ReplyDelete