Friday, October 01, 2010

Remembering September

October is the 10th month of the year (it was the 8th month in the Roman calendar, hence the Octo part of the name that stuck) and one of seven months with 31 days. By now most of us are pretty settled into Fall. Here in Florida, it means we're starting to leave our doors and windows open in the morning and evening to take advantage of the first few cool breezes.

During October we celebrate such things as Columbus Day and Halloween, but also lesser known days like Apple Day, Freethought Day and Leif Erikson Day.

But today, on the first of October, people will look at each other and say, "Where did September go? Can you believe it's October already? It'll be Christmas soon!"

I know where my September went. I wrote 35,000 words that month. Celebrated my dad's birthday. Enjoyed the company of my visiting family. Saw a friend get married. Watched my niece perform in Cinderella. Took a trip with my husband and made some new memories.

All in all, September was a good month and while it did go by fast, it went by packed full of good times. My September feels well spent. How about yours?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's great! September flew by, but I wrote 3 chapters, got the kidlet settled into a new school routine, and watched my hubby train for a half marathon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like September, but October is my favorite month. So in your honor I will give September a heart-felt send off...

    but woohoo. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking back, I'm not sure where September went. I know I did a boatload of editing, did school stuff with Daughter, watched too much TV... But I don't remember the specifics. October here I come. It's a good month for me because it's Husband's birth month. And I should be able to start querying soon. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh....September went too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, September just blew on past riding on a heat wave. It finally cool down now that its October.

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete