This is just a random collection of thoughts, as I post-and-run here at work:
1) In honor of her 4th anniversary as a Publishers Weekly blogger, Barbara Vey is throwing herself one heckuva party at the Beyond Her Book blog. Each day several e-readers and books will be given away to lucky commenters. So go forth and comment!
2) It's Read an E-Book Week, so head on over to Smashwords for many heavily discounted or free titles.
3) Is there a 12-Step program for Groupon addiction?
4) Some people seem to forget that public internet forums are not actually private. And some authors seem to forget that potential readers can be found anywhere.
So when a so-called "literary romance" novelist trashes romance novels and calls them the "literary equivalent of Big Macs" and spends hours implying over and over again that people who genuinely enjoy the promise of a HEA are somehow brainless twits deserving of her scorn, I just have to say thank you.
I do love romance, but I also read broadly. Non-fiction, literary fiction, classics, mystery, suspense, thrillers, paranormal, children's board books, and oh yes, those dreaded kissing books. I happened to have perused her blurbs previously, and thought they'd actually looked good, but her constant attacks on my intelligence have saved me from spending in excess of $12 per paperback. My wallet thanks me.
5) I have 9 prepaid massages coming to me, but only 6 weeks to use them before they expire. What to do? What to do?
What's your randomness for today?