Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Art & Friendship

In just a few days, it will be my second Mother's Day. in the past 17 months or so since my daughter was born, I've gotten to know a wonderful group of new mommies (and one new daddy) who I affectionately refer to as The Stepmoms. (Don't ask.) I've never met these gals and guy in person -- just over the internet -- but they're still very special to me.

One of them in particular has gotten to be more than just a friend. Amy Lynch is a very talented artist who is sort of my go-to gal when it comes to anything creative and artsy. She's helped me out numerous times, and now I want to share this hidden gem with the world.

I first became familiar with Amy's skills when she posted a drawing she'd done of her daughter on a mommy chatboard. I was in awe of how lifelike and gorgeous it was, and knew I wanted one of my daughter. So I sent Amy a photograph, and voila!



Pretty spectacular, huh? I treasure this one-of-a-kind custom piece. Amy is enormously talented, and very reasonably priced. You can find her portfolio and pricing here on her Pencil-Me-In website:
http://www.wix.com/amykathryn/pencil-me-in

But her skills don't stop there. Amy also runs the popular sewing and crafts blog, Pens & Needles (as well as a fabulous Etsy store of the same name).
http://pensandneedles-by-amy.blogspot.com/

And now she had even added a photography business, PhotoArt by Amy.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/PhotoArt-by-Amy/109748632443475

I get dizzy just thinking about it all.

Anyway, what does this have to do with fiction or books, since after all, that's what the Fictionistas are all about. Well, I'll tell you.



Amy designed my cover, and I love it.

So if you're in the market for cover art, photo art, portraits, or hand-made custom clothes, you know who to call. She could kick Martha Stewart's butt any day in a craftiness competition, I swear.

Thanks Amy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Amanda thank you for sharing my work! I still love that drawing of your cutie pie. She was such an easy model to work with ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy that is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete