Friday, September 18, 2009

You're the one thing, I can't get enough of

This post will not really be enriching in any way. I've had a really strange week--most of it good. But it's been very roller-coastery on my emotions--so here is a recap.

First of all--I celebrated my 7th wedding anniversary to the wonderful Mr. Hayes. I can't begin to describe what a wonderful man my husband is. He's my best friend. Many of our readers are Way Too Young to be thinking about marriage--but when you do, please make sure you marry your best friend. Life is so much fun when you do. Even the trials.

I also made a decision regarding weight loss. You may remember the discussion we had regarding the lap band surgery. We've tabled that for now and I'm going to try NutriSystem for awhile. The surgery is not ruled out, but this is preferable.

The fabulous Jessica Sinsheimer from Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency extended an offer of representation. So, yay! I have an agent. And I am going to make her work really hard. She has no idea what she is in for. :)

And sadly, another important piece of my childhood said goodbye this week. I will admit to being unhealthily obsessed with Dirty Dancing my senior year. I'll even admit I was kind of pathetic. My big crushes were Johnny Castle and Patch from Days of Our Lives. Apparently, I had a thing for older men that year. But it was more about the bad boy with a heart of gold finding love with the good girl with longing for something forbidden. It's still a huge theme today (Edward Cullen, I'm looking at you).

And so I say goodbye to Patrick Swayze. And with my goodbye, I'll add a thank you. Thank you for the memories and thank you for not turning into a Hollywood nightmare. My crush on you was well justified as I watched the way you treated your wife even 34 years later.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the NutriSystem! I was in the Anti-Lap camp anyway, so this seems less invasive.
    I'm curious to hear about how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very proud of your WL decision. It's tough, but you can do it!

    I'm also with you in the Patrick Swayze/Dirty Dancing camp. It's still my all time favorite movie today. I love him, I love the bad boy, and I agree, I loved his HEA marriage.

    Plus he actually rocked the mullet. Not many people can say that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY YOU!!! ((hugs)) you are awesome.

    I agree re: Patrick Swayze. I lurved him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know how I feel about you and your success.

    I'm coming up on 8 years with the big man next month. It always makes me feel safer to be in a world with healthy marriages around to see. Yours inspires me!

    And Swayze... I loved what Jen Grey said about him being so masculine and yet, also soft and kind. Too true and far too rare.

    Also... I guess you had to be a weenie bit older... but Henry Gibson died, too. Always loved him.

    Mwah.

    ReplyDelete