Friday, June 03, 2011

NYC Adventure. Where do I start?

 Picture licensed under the
 Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic l
At the end of June, I'll be traveling to New York, New York for the first time in my life. I'm so excited--but when my friend asked me what I wanted to do--my answer was, "Everything."

Of course, I won't have time to do everything. I'm meeting with my editor and touring the Penguin offices. And Ill be meeting my agent in person for the first time. Oh, and I'm there for a conference, so I'll probably have to attend it once in awhile, too. The hotel is in Times Square, so I'll get to see that every time I step out. But what should I do with my free time, people?

If you've been to or live in the city, what are the things you always want to share or revisit? Or, how about this--let's say you and I just met up in the lobby and have four hours for an adventure in NYC. Tell me what we do.

GO!

4 comments:

  1. Do a hop-on-hop-off bus tour. That way you can see (most of) the city in a couple of hours. Then you can pick and choose where you want to get off the bus and explore more. I've been to NYC once before and it's one of my favorite places in the US. Can't wait till I get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a super exciting trip!!! I am going in November, can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do the Rockefeller Center tour! Top of the Rock is fantastic and (it's been a while, but I THINK) you can also do a combination tour of NBC which is definitely worth seeing

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, it's so funny to me to think of people actually sightseeing in NYC. It's just that city we went to when we skipped school in high school to me. It's also just where I go for a weekend when I want to visit my high school or college friends. I'm always amazed when I hear of adults who have never been. Wow!

    That being said, you must go to Central Park, FAO Schwartz, Rockefeller Center, and see a show on Broadway.

    I recommend going to Southstreet Seaport to buy half-price tickets at the TKTS booth. Don't be swayed by the TKTS booth in Times Square. It might look like it's convenient, but the line is SOOOOOOOO long. You could literally wait for hours in that line only to discover that the show you want to see has sold out in the time you've been in line. Whereas the the Seaport, not only is the line a mere fraction (easily a tenth of the people, if not more), but you can buy tickets a day in advance.

    ReplyDelete