Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Book themes

When I read, I find I'm drawn to certain kinds of themes in books. For example, I looooove stories about redemption...seeing someone who makes things right just fills me with a happy glow. I also love books where people have to learn how to trust and let go in order to grow as a character.

I think that because both of these are issues with me in my life, it's good to see how people overcome them, even if in a fictional setting. Real life doesn't always get resolved as nicely, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't try to keep improving ourselves and getting past our road blocks.

What about you? What book themes do you find yourself particularly drawn to, and why?

3 comments:

  1. I like rags to riches stories. Which could also be considered redemption stories depending on how you look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda Brice3:22 PM

    I love Cinderella stories and love triangles. My fave love triangles are the Pride & Prejudice style ones where the girl thinks she hates one guy and is in love with a different guy, when in reality the guy she thinks she likes is a jerk, and she actually loves the guy she thinks she hates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a sucker for the underdog blossoming into a confident person stories.

    ReplyDelete